Message From the Principal
Carson Students, Parents, and Staff,
Welcome to the 2017-18 school year! Our hallways are again filled with sounds of learning, laughter, and excitement.
As Carson’s principal, I am dedicated to working collaboratively with students, staff and parents to maintain the culture of ONE Carson in order to meet the goals of the Denver Plan 2020 (denverplan.dpsk12.org). The Carson Elementary strategy to meet the goals of this plan is to ensure that every classroom at Carson Elementary is JOYFUL, RIGOROUS, and PERSONALIZED.
At Carson, our classrooms:
- Are fun and intellectually engaging places where students explore, think deeply, problem solve and create.
- Are drenched with the sounds of students engaging in evidence-based and vocabulary- rich conversations and debates about mathematics, informational and literary texts, the sciences, social studies, the arts and other compelling topics.
- Adapt to the unique strengths and interests of every student and directly address their opportunities for growth by tailoring content and instructional approaches to the needs of each learner.
- Are culturally responsive: they celebrate our community’s cultural and linguistic diversity and make meaningful connections to the diverse backgrounds of our students while emphasizing a rigorous curriculum and high expectations for achievement in an environment where every student is known and appreciated for the gifts she/he brings.
- Empower students to take ownership of their educational experience, and stretch them to achieve goals they never dreamed possible.
- Spark and fan the flames of excitement and passion for learning.
We have four teachers at Carson that have taken on a team lead role through the Differentiated Roles program. This is a hybrid role in which they spend half the day teaching students and the other half supporting the students and teachers in other classrooms. Natalie Jacobsen, Erica Kouzmanoff-Vymyslicky, Emily Goers will work with teams of their colleagues to support joyful, rigorous and personalized classrooms on a daily basis.
We are so glad you have chosen to be part of the vibrant Carson Community. Thank you for your continued support and commitment to our school.